Fall

Thursday, August 13, 2009

6 Days and Counting

We are only 6 days away from sending "the baby" off to college - I say sending, really he is just going, after all it is HIS choice. I am happy because he will just be 50 minutes away, I am sad because he is "the baby". The oldest, as most of you know, is 1/2 way around the world, In Italy. He is in the Navy and I know very well how the Navy watches out for them.....but Im still a Mom and I don't think having your kids SO FAR AWAY ever gets easier. And so, while having Travis only 50 minutes down the road, this is really not easy. We have shopped for bedding to make sure he will have a soft, warm place to sleep. We are borrowing a mini fridge for his snacks and (ahem) SODA!!! And of course we are sending along a microwave for those middle of the night hunger pains :) He will of course, come home on some weekends to visit and do laundry and as I have said MANY times, If I get to lonely, Im driving to Denton and taking him out to dinner! But he is doing a good thing, he is going to college, so he can get a good job and take care of us when we are too old to take care of ourselves :) So here is to college, and children and Mom's everywhere - it will be ok, honest!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers