Fall

Friday, February 26, 2010

Ummmm Well......Ok......Wow

I think I might possibly still be in shock as I type this, but my Navy Boy.....scratch that, Navy MAN - my 24 year old son, is getting married. Yep, they decided on December since he will be home on leave for Christmas. They have asked me to help plan it - I think the bride's mom has too much going on - so I get the job. I would probably be considerably happier about this task had the hubby not just been laid off at the beginning of this week (for the 2nd time in 13 months) .....but we are hopeful that something new will come up for him soon. He has applied for about 11 positions at Alcon but unless you know someone there, its hard to get in - so if you any of you blog friends know someone at Alcon, shoot me an email (mailto:selita.sprunger@gmail.com)%20....in this economy you need all the help you can get! Anyway, I can't say enough good things about the future daughter in law....I adore her and I think she will be very good for my son. They will spend the first 6-10 months of married life, living in Italy - away from family - while my son finishes his tour there...then they should be headed back to the states and I will be so glad for that day......but anyway....prayer and well wishes and cost cutting suggestions currently being accepted :) Life is about to get even MORE crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the above comment...it's been a day.

    That's exciting news! Congrats!!

    Laid off again...sorry. It's never a good time for that.

    ReplyDelete

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers