Fall

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Square Foot Gardening

So with the kids off doing their own thing I thought to myself, "self, you better find a hobby". Well once upon a time I tried row gardening - it was scarey because in the battle of the weeds the weeds won - see?
I have decided that my new hobby is square foot gardening. If you have never heard of it you should look it up cuz its really very cool and it works like magic - no weeds and everything grows just like its supposed to. Now due to the extreme number of rabbits we have out here, we built ours with legs, up off of the ground. This works great and so here is a pic of what it looked like when we first built it.



Next is the beautiful square foot garden as it is today and check out that zucchini - is that cool or what?
By the way, the book, if your interested is Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew.

1 comment:

  1. That is cool! We keep thinking that we ought to grow something besides weeds. I'll have to see if Brian is looking for a new project. I'll help grow, but he'll do the building :o)

    ReplyDelete

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers