Fall

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Storms = bad for the garden

We had some storms last night - I did'nt think much of it, because being born and raised in Texas, I guess I have kind of gotten used to them. When I was young, I hated them, but now, not so much. Anyway, I got up this morning to let the dogs out, and my tomato trellis was blown over, along with all 3 of my tomato plants (I sure hope they did'n't break at the base), one of the pepper plants losts its protective pot around the bottom of it and my poor cantaloupe plant was laid out flat.....my hope is that the sun will come out today and perk them all back up. I didn't post photos because I tried to reset the messed up plants before I thought about it...but if they are not better by this afternoon, I will post pics.

Poor Garden, what a beating it took :(

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, that happened to my tomato plants so I went out and bought more. Lo and behold, the first ones came back and I already have tomatos on them. I thought for sure they were goners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting to see what mine look like when I get home today! Im a little more worried about my poor cantaloupe plant.

    ReplyDelete

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers