Fall

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Wedding

Well wedding plans are back in motion. The Navy kids say Navy Boy will get his leave in November but NOT in December. However, its still plenty of time to pull it all together. Im not comfortable with the amount of money WE are paying for the wedding since we are the groom's family and typically weddings fall to the responsibility of the bride's family except for things like flowers and rehearsal dinner, but oh well - we do what we must to make our children happy. I will do what I can within my limited means and hope that is its good enough (for those wondering yes the Hubby is still laid off -we have just hit the 6 month mark - so much for Networking) anyway...lets not get off on THAT subject.
I think its all under control except for the cakes....and here is why:

a Nintendo grooms cake? Where will I EVER FIND THAT ? Someone please tell me cuz I haven't a single clue who would make that!!!!!

Only my Navy boy who also got a 1/2 sleeve tatoo that says Nintendo Generation would request this cake - now come on!!!! Are you THAT addicted to video games?

OH well - if anyone has any suggestions - here is the brides cake as well: However their cake will have red accents and red flowers on the top. Should be beautiful! But need a baker with lots of experience with fondant icing! Oh and not too pricey :( ? We are on an extremely tight budget.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers