Fall

Thursday, March 18, 2010

So Long Johnny High

Yesterday Mr. Johnny High passed away at the age of 80. If you are not familiar with him - he has a country music revue show that started up the likes of Leann Rhymes, the Dixie Chicks and a few others. It is located in the old Arlington Theatre near "downtown" Arlington.

I was on his show with a girl that I used to sing with, many years ago - we were told on many occassions that we were the next Judds. We were as good as they were - but when your lead singer (me) has ridiculously bad stage fright, I guess you have no real future in "the Biz".

I know several people that still perform there and a couple are even regulars. His grandaughter Ashley Smith will continue to run the show and Im sure it will do well.

So, fair well and God Speed Mr. High, I know God is just waiting for you to sing him a song!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers