Fall

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Who knew?

I guess when I had my children - wrapping myself up in what they were doing, being all about them and their needs and just "being there" were the most important things in my life. It was what everybody that I know did - but now they are 18 and 23 - out in the world doing their own thing (how many times have I said that lately? I am still trying to convince myself that it is a good thing). So where did all my friends go? Where did all the people I knew when I was doing what they were doing go? Its strange, but I was planning to go shopping the other day and everyone was working and it popped into my head.....I have no friends.

Don't get me wrong - I have lots of aquaintances and alot of people I know, but if I needed someone to just call up and talk or maybe talk into going shopping with me or I don't know, just have lunch (that is not a family member)......I have no one. Is that sad and pathetic or just me feeling sorry for myself? Work, Home, Church, repeat.

I guess I wonder who knew this would happen? I used to have friends, I used to have people to hang out and do stuff - or just talk on the phone to - but mostly it was for our kids and less for us. So if I can give any advice to those who are going through raising your children and keeping your life like a moon revolving around their little planets - don't lose your friends......one day you will wish you had them.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Where is a friend when you need one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you and I should make a pact huh Alison ? At least then we have us ;)

    ReplyDelete

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers