Fall

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Family Weekend

I almost forgot to talk about Family Weekend and as soon as I pull the pictures off my cell phone, i will add them to this.


Family Weekend at UNT turned out to be more fun than I expected. While Friday night didn't really START out that way - Saturday redeemed the weekend for me (even though UNT lost the football game in true UNT fashion). Friday night the MIL and I (the hubby was returning from a business trip) went up for dinner and "we thought" watch the college boy perform at the Pep Rally - well apparently when you have a band the size of UNT's band your pep bands are broken up into different squads........pep rally wasn't the college boy's squad.......do we wound up going to the mall instead where he bought a new jacket and all was well with the world.


Saturday, was fun -we ate, hung out in mean green village and then watched the mean green march.....LOVED IT - there was a hilarious guy dressed in a green suit that covered his face and all - the dancers (seperate from the Cheerleaders) are on par with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders (Yes, they are THAT good) and over all, I was impressed.


The Band - well, what can you say about one of the top ranked bands in the US - they were exceptionally good and Dr. W (the director) is without a doubt one of the nicest, most laid back and competent marching band directors I have had the pleasure to watch.


We had dinner with the college boy, after the game and then took him back to the dorm and drove home.....it was a first for me, seeing a college game and all those crazy kids that dress up in the school colors and paint themselves - It would have been nice, if they had won but I supposed UNT is not "known" for its football program - but just for good measure: GO MEAN GREEN


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers