Fall

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chili Bites The Dust

So...Im driving home from work, talking on the phone, minding my own business when suddenly on my dash appears the little car with a wrench (I think this is the Service Engine Soon light), next my battery light comes on, followed by my ABS light and my air bag light.....at the same time I notice that the LEDs are slowly getting dimmer and dimmer. At this point, Im pretty sure my car has completely freaked out.....By now, I have hung up call #1 and in a panic I have Craig on the phone.......I get off the highway with a plan to turn around and head to the Saturn dealership......no dice.....it died right there - everything went black.....I coasted it into a liquor store parking lot (by the way a Saturn Vue without power stearing is a very very bad idea) - that was the end of that. I called a wrecker, I called my favorite Saturn dealership - had the tow truck take it there and now we wait......Im sure the damage will be a doozy because Craig took a look and said my accessory drive belt was gone.......so....wish me luck. With Craig being laid off - this could be bad :(

New Info: yes of course - lets think of ALLLLL the things it could be pick the most EXPENSIVE one and that will be the thing that has to be fixed - apparently the air compressor froze up, effectively shredding the accessory drive belt and there you have it......so $800+ dollars later.....it will be fixed....however, we had to go with a remanufactured compressor or it would have been $1100......so, yeah. Can SOMEONE find Craig a job please?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers