Fall

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tomato Plants continued....



I think my tomato plants are going to be total loss. First, something is eating the romas - not the leaves or the stems but the actual tomato....and those are the ones that don't have blossom end rot. One of my large plants, that actually have several very nice looking, regular tomatoes seems to have been attacked by "something" that might have been cut worms or now Im thinking grasshoppers because the ends of the plants are GONE but whatever it is hasn't TOUCHED the actual tomatoes on this plant.

On my third plant...the ones called "Better Boys" it has ONE lone tomato that has not grown beyond its current size and no other blooms or fruit on it......Apparently tomatoes don't like the Square Foot Garden, so next season I think I will just plant 2 plants of regular tomatoes in a big POT and leave the Sq Foot Garden for something else. The peppers on the other hand (all 3 types) are having a field day as is that blasted cantaloupe vine that is taking over the universe !?!?!?! Did I say I was doing this for fun? You work so hard and you have to compete with nature and critters to get anything out of it! ARGH!

2 comments:

  1. It sure doesn't sound fun. I don't know if I'm up for gardening in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its work, for sure.....complete with ups and downs :)

    ReplyDelete

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers