Fall

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tomato Plants!?!?!


My garden has survived all the storms but I planted 3 different types of tomatoes in my square foot garden and something is EATING my Romas! First I discovered that some of them had blossom end rot - which was discouraging but fixable (you simply add calcium to the soil and water more regularly) then I discovered that something was eating on them....it only eats the skin on one side and then moves on to the next one! I have to figure out what this pest is and then I will post pictures......but I warn you, its pretty sickening :) However, I am going to have to figure out what to do about the cantaloupe because it is truly tryingto take over my small little garden :( Next spring, the mint and the cantaloupe will have to go somewhere else (they are garden hogs) and next spring I will ad another square foot box.....this is wayyyy too easy and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers