Fall

Monday, September 14, 2009

As promised

I started a new diet - oh about........31 years ago (no Im just kidding, this one is wayyy more recent). Anyway I am seeing a diet doctor who is giving me a GREAT appetite suppressant and monitoring me once a month - the first thing he said was "fix your plate as you normally would and then.....cut everything in 1/2 - take it off your plate and put in a seperate container and put it in the fridge or throw it out" - so I did. Well it worked and I knew this was going to be all about calorie restriction without counting the calories - except that Im a tad bit OCD about some things so - I count them anyway......so, while doing this I ran accross a little thing called "The Flat Belly Diet" and it gave me lots of ideas for low calorie meals that are filling and have enough protein that it really stays with you and consequently I have cut my calories probably by about 1000 calories a day (I was a pretty BIG eater and I am also a stress eater which Im learning to deal with) and I walk for 30 minutes a day - at first it was barely a mile but now Im up to 1.5 in 30 minutes so Im walking faster and working harder. The benefit of my hard work to date is around 15 pounds.......BUT I have about 50 more to lose soooooo we will see how it goes....stay tuned :)

1 comment:

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers