Fall

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

College......Really?

So Travis moves in.....LOVES his new roomate - new roomate (who requested a private room last year gets the call that a room is available so he moves out) In comes the new roommate who kindly brings Travis some Perrier (Travis has never had Perrier so that will be interesting) .....they are still seeing how they click - this one is not a music major like the other one, he is not in marching band with Travis like the other one but hey, maybe thats a good thing, who knows. (I will post dorm room photos later).

First week of "real" class time - The call: "so here is what is really cool, taking notes, in history, on my laptop - its wayyy easier. English sucks - I need an english class where I can use my laptop. We had to hand write a 2 page paper and I didn't even get finished with it (wow, how did all us "old" folk manage?) ".....but Russian, is my favorite class and Im going to do really good in there" (Russian, seriously? Who speaks russian these days?) Of course then there is Music and Marching Band and I suppose it is, what it is because I don't hear as much about those.

He plans to join some music fraternity - he plans to play LaCrosse - he has been playing Ultimate Frisbee "in his spare time" when he is not in some other dorm visiting with some "new friends" - somehow all this "getting involved" is MY fault cuz I told him to "get involved" - so where are you going to fit in school work there Trav???? He SURE better make time.

I can already tell, this is going to be quite an adventure - not just for Travis but apparently for me, as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers