Fall

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

come on Microsoft, really???

Where to start......College boy got a Zune for Christmas......by June the screen went out on it and then it refused to ever charge again. After QUITE the run around and some rather ridiculous conversations with support people who DO NOT speak english, I sent it back for "service" - I made sure to enclose a typed, signed letter stating DO NOT send this to back to my home address because it comes via UPS and they will try 3 times to deliver it and if no one is there to sign for it they will kindly send it back to Microsoft. I just got email notification from Zune Support that (a refurbished) unit was sent to - - - wait for it, are you ready.....can you stand it??? MY HOUSE! And whats more, what is up with the whole refurbish thing? I sent them a pretty new one.......it better be better than what I sent them (and believe me, I took pictures).

Next - we love to play Halo - to the point that we have all the maps for Halo 2 pretty much memorized....we play against my brother in law, sometimes my sister in law joins in sometimes it my beautiful little 7 year old neice......so we decided HEY lets all upgrade to Xbox 360 and play Halo 3 - before we used to hook up through a software program and play remotely from our own houses.......however, apparently Microsoft didn't like that so they made all the new programs where you can ONLY play through Xbox LIVE AND you have to PAY to do it......now, mind you, its not enough that the Xbox costs a fortune and only comes with 1 controller and 1 headset (who plays video games ALONE anymore?????) but now we can't even do what we want to do which is play together online remotely without paying MORE MONEY!

I am really NOT loving Microsoft...I think I will buy a Dell laptop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers