Fall

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

As the world turns

So the diet continues - its going well - i was pretty proud of myself - last night in 30 minutes, I walked 1.61 miles and 3550 steps - now this is based on a pedometer that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.....one night I got back from my normal walk and it showed I had gone 21 steps......so - take it for whats it worth :) I AM going to buy a NEW pedometer. I don't go back to my weight doc until the 28th so giving a report until then won't be "official" so you have to wait until then for my official total lost - so far :) In the meantime, if you haven't ready the Flat Belly Diet, I highly recommend it (no, unfortunately, they are not paying me to say that). Although they have made a believer out of me with this MUFA business.

The college boy is ok - he was sick yesterday. I got a text message that said (and I quote) "could you have someone bring pepto at some point because i had a really bad stomach problems that caused me to get up several times in the middle of the night" - I felt really bad for him but I wonder who he thought I was going to get to bring him some Pepto at 11:30 am? I will definitely send him back with some after this weekend. Then we got to talking about an English paper that he has to do this week - he gave me a very long list of reasons why he couldn't do the paper, we discussed and argued back and forth - so I finally said to him "it sounds to me like you don't WANT to do the paper - that being the case, why don't I just come get you, withdraw you from school - try to get some of my money back and you can go to school again when YOU can pay for it" he didn't like that idea, and soon began working on the paper. At last check last night, he was almost done and its not due until Thursday.....It is particularly frustrating because he is such a good writer - if he would just use his skills to write what the teacher wants, he would probably make an A. So we shall see.

The navy boy is good too - he has a BIG test today (he is testing for Petty Officer) - he said he is prepared so good wishes for him to do well on the test!

The Hubby is off in Birmingham Alabama - this consulting work is GREAT FUN for me (said dripping with sarcasm).....but he seems to love it and admittedly he is very good at what he does. But he will be home soon and all will be well again.
So back to the daily grind - and OH Happy Birthday to my baby sister (tomorrow). Thats her on the far left...isn't she adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers