Fall

Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Day

I was off yesterday, it was Veteran's Day and the credit union is closed. It is so nice to have a day off in the middle of the week when most other people are working.

I went with the hubby to pick up college boys "new" car - and that was ridiculous: The guy who sold us the car, shows up, has us sign papers, takes the money, hands me the keys, and off he goes. I, being a responsible adult, lock the car doors and go up to take the tour of hubby's office. I come back down, get out the key to unlock the door, slide the key into the lock and it won't turn - hmmmm - so I go to the other door - slide they key into the lock and it won't turn - same thing with the trunk.......Now, keep in mind.....I took this key OUT of the ignition - this key STARTS the CAR! So, I call THE GUY who sold me the car....."Whats the deal with the keys? I can't open the doors", "Oh yeah, that key doesn't work on the doors, there is no key to the doors", "What? You gave me a key to the car that won't open the doors?", "yeah", "But I locked the car, now I can't get in, what am I supposed to do?", "Call a locksmith, I guess", "Did you know about this?", "yeah", "Why didn't you tell me there was no door key", "you didn't ask, maybe you should have checked the car out a little better" - OHHHHH NOOOOOOO I was NOT having that - so I told him HE COULD CALL THE LOCKSMITH AND HE COULD PAY FOR IT. After "some discussion (those of you who know me, will know how that conversation went and I that I DID NOT LOSE said discussion) THE GUY sent me a locksmith and he paid for it. However, now we know that we have to replace the ignition switch AND rekey all the locks to fit the new ignition key....oh joy! The fun of buying a used car! Other than that, that is one awesome little car.

Later, I went to meet an old friend for lunch - we met at 1 - when we finally left the restaurant - it was 3:45 - I bet our waitress was not very happy but the restaurant wasn't crowded so its not like we were keeping someone else from sitting down.

Followed by choir and dinner out before heading home totally and completely worn out :)

All in all, it was a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers