Fall

Monday, November 23, 2009

Homeopathic Medicine

First of all, let me say, that I am HUGE believer in homeopathic medicine. Several years ago I was suffering (and I do mean suffering) from what the doctors called, Chronic Ulcerative Colitis. My GI doctor had me on 3 different medications, one of them a sulfer drug - which is really not good for ANYONE to take and so I went on a hunt to cure myself of this condition. I took myself off of ALL the medications and began taking Aloe Vera and Salmon Oil gel caps (cuz liquid aloe vera tastes like feet and Im not ever drinking that again!) (Oh and my side note to keep me out of trouble 1- I am NOT a homeopathic doctor or herbalist or anything and 2 - if you decide to try something like this, please consult your doctor) ok, now hopefully i won't get sued......anyway, I completely cured myself of the "Chronic" illness that had plagued me.....at my next visit to my GI doc he said, whatever your doing, keep it up - you have cleared up all signs of the colitis - OK YEAHHH I rock! So, moving on......growing up a I NEVER had issues with allergies....I turned 30 and it was like WHAM - and the evil sinus monster SPOKE "NOW YOU HAVE ALLERGIES and THEY WILL BE BAD" and yes, they are. I heard of a homeopathic sinus spray called Sinus Buster - ok, a normal person might have said - Sinus Buster ? Really? Let me know how that works out for ya....but me, even after I saw the picture of a red pepper on the front of the box AND read "contains capsacin" I said "how bad can it be?" so I bought it. Took it home, opened the box, read all the labels, yes even the part about the "temporary sensation" and used the spray..............................................................................have you ever been hit in the nose so hard it made your eyes water? Imagine that and then multiply it by about - oh, I don't know - 100 ? And you can't get it out - its a very fine spray and when its there, its there....so I waited - it seemed like a really really long time but Im sure it was probably 30 seconds or so - and the "sensation" was gone......and I was like Wow, ok - my sinuses ares opening - its a miracle!!!! But it didn't last terribly long so I knew this was one of those homeopathic remedies that you have to build up in your system - which meant the "sensation" would be felt MANY TIMES OVER.......hoping that round 2 would be better was short lived - I sprayed, my eyes watered, I made some kind of sound between a groan and a yelp - 30 seconds later, gone....all better......and then again this morning. I thought WHAT IS WITH THIS STUFF, why doesn't it get any better ? But Im not giving up - I WILL PREVAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers