Fall

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Kinda Sad

I was just sitting here thinking, when I realized that Navy Boy's birthday is in 9 days.....this makes the third year in a row that I do not get to spend his birthday with him. When he turned 22 - he was in Great Lakes, IL in Navy boot camp (he did get to call me, but he was so sick, and they had taken out his wisdom teeth, and he had dry sockets - when I hung up the phone, I must have cried for an hour). When he turned 23 - the "poor" boy was in Greece, on the island of Crete....STUCK on an island in the Mediterranean. And then this year, turning 24 - he is in Naples, Italy. So, while its really cool to be him - having birthdays all over the world, I am sad for myself not getting to see him or spend it with him. However, I always send boxes of good stuff for Halloween, Thanksgiving/Birthday, and then a bigger, better one at Christmas.....so he knows Im here and that I love him ...... I guess in the big scheme of things, thats all that really matters, that he knows I love him and that he is safe, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Day for the Cure!

College Boy in the Snow

College Boy in the Snow

Navy boy in Greece

Navy boy in Greece

Followers